My book, A Numerate Life, was released in 2015.
- How Math Can Defeat Bullies, excerpt from book in The Atlantic
- Some Wonderful Responses to A Numerate Life
- How the Conjunction Fallacy and Confirmation Bias Make Fake News Credible, in Slate
- The Mathematical Case for Hypocrisy, in Slate
- The Bush Presidency Was My Fault, in Salon
- Radio Times interview with Marty Moss-Coane on WHYY(NPR)
- Blogging Heads TV interview with Glen Whitney of the Museum of Math
- Justifiably Believing That Something Is True Doesn't Mean You Know it, in 3 Quarks Daily
- Otten Math Ed podcast
- We're Reading the Coronavirus Numbers Wrong, OpEd in the New York Times
The David Letterman Show
Tom Lehrer on the New Math
"an extensively kudized author"
My Erdos number: I co-authored "Truth Tables And Inference Rules" along with Hugues Leblanc and George Weaver, Reports On Mathematical Logic, 1977. Fortuitously Weaver co-authored a paper with Ralph Mckenzie, who co-authored a paper with Saharon Shelah, who co-authored a paper with Paul Erdos. This gives me an Erdos number of 4! That's four, not four factorial.
Science, science, scienceCelebrity Bios Amazing Miracles
Baseball in TokyoWorld Sports
Sheila and I near Chiang Mai, ThailandTravel
A Little Puzzle
Each of the six expressions - 8y, 6x, 8z, 7w, 7x, 6w - will disappear when focused upon. Stare at one and check below to see if the occult ocular software has guessed your choice.Missing Expression!